Supporting our local community
As a business firmly rooted in Hull and East Yorkshire, the values of the Horncastle Group PLC are built firmly on supporting and investing in our wider community.
We do this via the commercial developments we create, which enable companies to grow, create employment, invest and power the region’s economy. We also directly support organisations, causes and initiatives that bring economic, social and health benefits to our region via donations from Horncastle Group PLC and via the WA Horncastle Charitable Settlement, a charity established by Horncastle Group PLC founder, Tony Horncastle OBE.
Currently, projects that the shareholders and directors of the company are involved in include:
- Supporting the Daisy Appeal, a charity set up to provide a new building complete with a state-of-the-art PET-CT scanner at Castle Hill Hospital near Hull, helping to provide quicker diagnosis and better health outcomes for people suffering from cancer, heart disease and dementia.
- Supporting the Prince’s Trust to operate both its Enterprise Programme and Development Award Scheme in the region.
- We have run two programmes working with local charity CAT ZERO to introduce young people to self-employment and assist them in setting up their own businesses.
- Supporting St Paul’s Boxing Academy in the multi-million-pound regeneration of their gym, which supports young people from some of the most deprived areas of Hull.
- Supporting Run With It, a charity harnessing football and the KCOM Stadium to raise numeracy, literacy and ICT in children, teenagers and young adults.
- We are a sponsorship partner with Ron Dearing UTC which provides students with employer-led education.
- We are a supporting partner of Lagoon Hull, a £1.5bn proposed causeway to be built in the Humber Estuary that will provide flood defence benefits, relieve congestion, help the Humber region achieve a carbon-free future and provide place making opportunities for the next 100 years.
As well as this, our Chairman, Andrew Horncastle, is also a founder member of For Entrepreneurs Only (FEO), a business mentoring group set up to help entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. FEO is dedicated to powering the local economy by creating a private sector renaissance. The organisation is made up of entrepreneurs who collectively turnover £3.5bn annually and employ more than 22,000.
As a business, we are members of the Bondholder network, which works to promote the region and enhance the local economy and, through engagement with organisations such as the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), local authorities and MPs, we contribute intelligence and ideas to on how we believe the economic prosperity of the region can be enhanced.
Chairman Andrew Horncastle at a fundraiser for St Paul’s Boxing Academy
Recent news from the Horncastle Group
Leading commercial developer the Horncastle Group PLC has appointed a new Managing Director with ambitious plans to grow the business beyond its East Yorkshire heartland. Tom Horncastle joins the business after a highly successful career in London’s investment and property sector, culminating in a six-year stint as an investment manager at Oxenwood Real Estate LLP. Here, he established the [...]
A Hull manufacturing business has cleaned up after finding a new home. Bio-D, which makes environmentally friendly cleaning products, has moved to new 32,000sqft unit on Marfleet Environmental Technology Park, which is owned by leading commercial developer the Horncastle Group PLC. The move has enabled Bio-D to double its factory space to meet current demand and to accommodate future [...]
Horncastle Group Plc were delighted to once again support the Hull Live Business Awards and it was great to be back in person at the Double Tree by Hilton, Hull, on Thursday 18th November to celebrate the business community in our region. We were proud to sponsor the Start-up Business of the Year Award again, jointly with MKM Buildings [...]
Hundreds of new jobs could be created in Hull after leading commercial developer the Horncastle Group PLC acquired a prime industrial site in the east of the city. The business, based on Green Park, Newport, now intends to turn Kingston Parklands – the former Hedon Road maternity hospital – into a world-class industrial and manufacturing hub. The Horncastle Group [...]