You have the right to receive information about the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we maintain about you upon written or e-mail request and payment of a fee. You may make a request to us to change or modify your information at any time. (For example, you may change your email address or decide that you do not wish to receive certain marketing communications). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
What personal information do we collect?
We will collect various pieces of personal information about you when you complete our on-line request forms and when you contact us by email, including items such as your name, your email address, your postal address, your telephone number and whether or not you consent to the use of your personal information for further marketing.
Our system may also automatically record anonymised information concerning the number of visits made to the pages of this website.
How will we use your personal information and how will we contact you?
We respect your privacy and will only use your personal information:
- to assist with the processing of any request you make to us;
- to administer our website and gather broad demographic information about its users;
- to advise you of changes to our website;
- for marketing purposes (such as providing you with brochures, details of promotions, events, new products and services and so on offered by us which may be of interest to you)
- to review, develop and improve our website and the services and products we offer;
- to customise our website for you based on your demographics; and
- for other purposes to which you have consented.
We may contact you by email, telephone, fax, letter or otherwise:
to keep you informed of the status of any request you have made to us via our website or by email;
to obtain any additional information necessary to fulfil any such request; to verify your identity for security reasons; and
for other purposes to the extent permitted by law and / or to which you have consented.
To whom will we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, subsidiary companies, business associates and agents, which may use your personal information to process on our behalf any on-line requests received by us from you;
- our regulators, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors; and/or
- other third parties (if we reasonably believe it is appropriate to do so in order to comply with any applicable law, court order or legal requirement).
We may provide non-personally identifiable site visitor information generated as a result of your access to or use of our website to third parties at our discretion.
Security for your personal information
We have in place security procedures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or theft of your personal information and in order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line and accordingly you accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.